Google My Business and its benefits for brands
Online directories can often be viewed as unsung heroes of some sort for the whole of digital marketing, and the main reason for that is the fact that they are often very underrepresented when discussing ways to promote brands. But when you have options like Google My Business, this has to change for the better.
Google My Business is definitely the best online directory out there for one main reason: it belongs to the biggest internet searcher on the world, which is obviously Google. But beyond that, there are many benefits that this platform provides for businesses everywhere and here we provide a few examples of that:
- It makes it easier for potential clients to find your business. Visibility is fundamental in digital marketing and Google My Business is great in this regard because it can provide your business’ location and address (if you add it, of course), which can be pretty beneficial to reach a lot more people.
- You can provide detailed and useful information. By using Google My Business, you can’t not only provide the location and address of your business but also add detailed information that might be useful for your target audiences, such as schedules, description of your business, photos and many other things that can make a difference for both parties.
- It’s simply just another place to promote your business. When it comes to promotion, you can’t ever say that you have enough platforms to promote your brand, so this is yet another benefit of Google My Business: a place to talk about your business, what you offer and why it can be the right choice for your target audience.
- The use of Google Hangouts. This is another interesting benefit that you can get from Google My Business: the possibility of using Google Hangouts, which is a tool that allows you to chat and engage with your potential customers in a much more effective manner, which is one of the main goals of digital marketing.
- Google Posts. More recent versions of Google My Business have added the possibility of making posts, which can be very useful because you add much more information about news, special offers and many other things that might be appealing to your target audience.
Overall, Google My Business is not going to turn your brand into a major success overnight, but it’s a very useful complement to your marketing strategy as a whole, so that is something that you should always take into consideration.